This summer over 700 hectares of forest near Bragg Creek will be clear cut without full and complete public consultation by Spray Lake Sawmills under the direction of Alberta Sustainable Resource Development (SRD). Please sign an online petition to Stop Clearcut Logging in West Bragg Creek.
The extensive logging operation will:
- have a direct and detrimental impact on 90% of the trails used by many Albertans, Calgarians and locals alike
- damage the watershed that feeds the Elbow River providing drinking water for Calgary & area
- significantly reduce forest biodiversity
- NOT fulfill the promise of long term wildfire protection to this local community
- affect the local economy of this community when these trail systems lose their appeal for recreation